Wednesday, April 25, 2007

1st international flight…

My last picture in the Philippines taken @ Ninoy Aquino International Airport
Family picture taken @ NAIA.. don't cry my younger brother!!! :D

Wheeew. . cool.. my level is already international.. before, I can only have domestic flights.. heheh :D

If you’re a first timer, better to check the rules and regulations in the international airport. It might be helpful to check for the following:

1. How much is the departure tax? In what currency is it payable?
2. What is the maximum weight that you’re allowed in your luggage and hand carry?
3. What are the things not allowed to bring in your hand carry or luggage?
4. What are the requirements needed for the Immigration Officers?
5. Lastly, be there on the airport on time. As much as possible 3 to 4 hours before departure.

Here’s the procedure to make you feel comfortable as you enter the International Airport:

1. Prepare your ticket and verification ID once entering the gate of the airport for identification purposes.
2. You need to pass the 1st scanner to check for all your belongings.
3. Check for the lane on which airlines is your ticket belongs. You can check it in the window in the middle of the airport or usually it is located once you passed the 1st scanner.
4. A destination country immigration officer will check for your ticket and will weigh your luggage and hand carry. Better to check for your maximum load of luggage in your ticket before going to the airport. It is advisable to buy the weighing scale in your home to measure it first. It’s too expensive if you will exceed the maximum load.. It’s 30 USD per kilo… duh…
5. Present your ticket to the counter and wait for your boarding pass.
6. Once you have the boarding pass, go to the local immigration officer lanes. They will conduct several interviews and be ready for your answers. Usually they will only ask what is your purpose in going to that country and are you still going back to your country? Better prepare your supporting documents.
7. Once you have passed the immigration officer, a 2nd scanner will detect again your belongings.. But this time, they are already strict, you need to remove all your metal items within your body. Your belt, shoes, etc. and anything as what they request you to remove.. heheh :D
8. After that, check for the waiting area number of the airlines that you’re taking. Usually, it appears on the screen after you passed the 2nd scanner.
Then present your ticket and boarding pass on the officer on that waiting area.
9. And voila!! Just wait for your plane to arrive…

Pretty simple and cool huh??!! But if you’re a first timer, you will feel nervous especially if you’re traveling alone.. hehe ;p

It was a 7-hour flight from manila to Sydney. I left manila by 8pm and arrived in Sydney by 6am??!! Surprised with the time??!! I was surprised too.. hehehe.. If it’s only a 7-hour flight, I should have arrived in Sydney by 3am?? Yah your right, but since Sydney is advance 3 hours, it is already 6am by that time.. hehehe… ;p

I don’t have enough sleep in the plane, nway my airline is Qantas, I’m still mesmerized with the facilities inside the aircraft.. It’s huge, and the food is fantastic.. They have so many freebies inside that’s why I collect them all.. (para nman palang Jollibee.. collect them all.. heheh) I am awake for the whole journey and waited until we arrived in Sydney. OMG, I can’t believe when I saw Australia on top of the plane. It’s huge and fantastic. You can even see the Opera House on top.. I felt that I’m already a new person when I landed the airport. Everyone is strangers to me.. But duh, who cares, me is also a stranger to them… hahaha… I just tour around the Sydney airport. It’s great.. I wish I have enough dollars to buy some techies and perfumes… It’s too tempting to buy.. Just imagine my attitude, I always buy what I want in an instant. But this time it’s different. I need to save my money for my own and I just promise myself once I go back here, I can buy what I want now.. hehehe.. I already have the dollars!!! Bwahahahah :D


At first, it’s quite happy to be in the foreign land… but they always say… THERE’S NO BETTER PLACE THAN HOME!!!... ever... ;)

3 comments:

poison ivy said...

talaga??? umiyak si mark nung paalis ka??? hahaha! bonding talaga kayong magkapatid no...

..ron.. said...

sobra.. gus2 nga sumama.. heheh :D

Anonymous said...

tsk! tsk! umiyak c mark!

pero humingi naman ng webcam sayo nung nahimasmasan db?! heheh