Wednesday, April 9, 2008

One month.. and counting..


April 03, 2008 - My first month ("um mes" in portuguese) here in Brazil..


Who can say that staying in a world that no one will understand you because of the language barrier, you will be able to live and survive in this kind of place?! Hmmm.. I will be one of the "few"...


Though its very tough to live in a place that no one understands you, and no one to talk to, but voila! I was able to survived for 1 month.. and still counting..

Being in this place is really a no joke.. You need to learn to survive.. It's not anymore a place that survival is very easy to achieve, here survival is a struggle. Bring out all your talent and acting skills once you are in a place that no one understands you.. I remember those times during my college days were we used to play "charades" wherein someone will guess what your trying to tell by acting or body movements.. Funny might it seems, but I did not realized during that time that these skills I learned will help me to convey what I want to tell and to comprehend to everyone here in Brazil.. LOL..

From Vanuatu to Brazil, its not an easy adjustment for my part.. from small place to a big place.. from a quiet to a noisy place.. from a few to many people surrounding me.. Life here is very different.. They say "the more, the merrier".. For me here, its not applicable.. I still prefer a small group that is intact rather than a big group but scattered :(

I still dont know what will happen to me here in months time.. Hope I can learn much Portuguese words so that I can get along with the locals here.. More to come, my manager is now calling me.. I am just blogging while predicting in Net Act Planner coz it takes time to do the prediction.. hehehe.. Tchau!

2 comments:

poison ivy said...

baket ka nagpa-skin head???

..ron.. said...

trip ko lang mgpaskin head.. init kc ngaun :D